Thursday, October 23, 2008

HIGH MESS RESHAMMIYA


MOVIE: Karzzz
CAST: Himesh Reshammiya, Shweta Kumar, Urmila Matondkar
DIRECTOR: Satish Kaushik




After writing a nine hour examination all I wanted to do was sit back, relax and watch a movie in strong air condition and watch a relatively zero intellect movie so that my mind doesnt get further stressed. I dont think greats like Satyajit Ray, Cristopher Nolan, Ashutosh Gowariker and not so greats like even Karan Johar and Sanjay Gadhvi or for that matter Abbas Mastan could have given me such a movie where I use nothing of my brain. Thankfully though the cinema theatre I went to had a 630 show for a Satish Kaushik directed flick called Karzzzz!

This movie is as you all might know, the remake of the version which was few Zs short and was made by Subhash Ghai decades ago. The story is of rebirth. How a wicked kamini called Kaamini (Urmila Matondkar)kills her fiance (Dino Morea) for huge property he owned in South Africa. South Africa seems to be too lucky for Bollywood. The few hits this year like Race and Jannat were shot mostly in South Africa. Karzzz too is a hit I hear!

Dino Morea dies in a relatively less stupid plane crash and dies only to come back with a vengeance, 25 years later, in a less good looking avatar of Monty(Himesh Reshammiya).... After this scene the whole movie is like a music video compilation and not so hillarious comedy events and not so romantic romantic scenes. There is this girl Tina (Shweta Kumar) who is Himesh's love interest. The story is that he slowly starts remembering his past life and then finally with the help of Tina plans to kill Princess Kaamini(the prefix added after she got hold of all that property)

Let me be really frank: the acting wasnt all that bad, Himesh has really improved from the disastrous last Suroor of his. Shweta Kumar gives a very charming appearance and a pretty confident debut. Urmila, except for her slightly over expressive face at times, was a charm to watch and suited the character nicely. All this came as a nice surprise to me as I did not expect nice performances from Himesh and Shweta atleast. But stop....the movie is still a dud! and it is so because of Satish Kaushik....who has literally spoiled the movie. I think this is the worst possible direction I have come across from a long time.

In one of the scenes, Monty rides a helicopter and is in air close to the ground where the heroine is standing. I have been close to choppers on numerous occasions and I know the ear tearing sound of the chopper fans and the gusty wind that it produces.....but here we see Himesh nicely singing(without a microphone) and the heroine is smiling at him.

Another disaster was a scene where Monty was chasing Kaamini in a car. Suddenly Kaamini's car vanishes only to suddenly return in a private jet! As if the private jet was parked out somewhere in the middle of the road....!! Also Satish Kaushik did not take care of the fact that the scene which was running parallel to this was shot at night and this scene was a broad noon scene!

This movie has also shown white women go mad mad mad and faint whenever they see this Gujju bhai Himess' and his hair in mess!!

If I start mentioning these mistakes, I would end up writing a "N Mistakes of Karzzz"....! There are many gliches like these in the movie. But overall when you want to rate it for fun and timepass, its a full nonsense and entertaining movie.....

When I went through the reviews in newspapers and the net recently I found the well celebrated Taran Adarsh of India FM has sung praises for this trash...I mean clearly one could see how purchased out was the writing. No wonder this is a must watch...I mean such movies are not normally made...where the actors and director make real shit out of tonnes of money at attractive locations. Talking about the comparisons with the old movie and stuff let me tell you Karzzzz cannot be compared to Karz or for that matter to Om Shanti Om. The latter are creatively miles ahead. If Karzzz can be compared to any other movie it is only Aapka Suroor and Himesh Bhai will be happy to listen that his effort in this one was better than his debut disaster!

Whenever I rate a movie and its below 5, you can take it from me that its not worth a watch. But heres an exception. This movie is worth what I gave it but is still a must watch. Not only I know this, Its many of us who know this. This X factor makes Himesh so successful. So at the end of the day you gotta say..."Maan Gaye Himesh bhai"

1 comments:

Rounak said...

This movie 4 me is HIGH-MESS ......